Monday, May 16, 2011

Dios Mio...

I am one tired little kid today. Kevin is incapable of sleeping like a normal person. I'm pretty sure he dreams of ducks every night. He paddles his little feet constantly. It would be endearing, really, if he didn't tickle the bottom of mine in the process. Kevin thinks its hilarious, who else could tickle me awake while staying fast asleep themselves? Tonight I'm considering tying his feet to his side of the bed...Or maybe he can just wear socks.

In other none-feet related news, I found wiggle room in my sentence. I'm not allowed to buy new supplies for crafts and furniture...but who can argue with FREE coasters? True...they weren't free in the delicious way of dumpster diving. Once upon a time there was a monetary exchange for goods, but since supplies were just hanging out in my closet and I didn't have to break into my big coffee can of nickles and dimes, they're free.

Don't they just melt your little heart? Poor Kevin, patience of a saint, listens to craft enthused prattling with only slightly glazed eyes and he has the decency not to nod off or drool.

Ooo, ooo!! My honey bought me paint for his desk and my vanity. Being the loving, unselfish person I am I started on his desk...I forgot to take a picture before I started stripping the paint but imagine a high gloss chipping, gummy nightmare.
This was during the insanely fun, three day stripping process. Notice and love my hand with the black paste befouling my rubber gloves in the bottom left corner. Stripping paint is really no fun. I know you can't tell, but I'm pouting. Next time I'm perusing G.W. and fall in love with some painted nightmare, remind me of this desk.

But I have to say it cleans up quite nicely with a coat of primer...

Even better with the first coat of paint. As you can tell from the picture we went with a nice masculine shade of purple....Not really though. Its gray...fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ha Ha, I knew he was a pretty fierce talker in his sleep but this is funny! I love all the new posts and to see the funthings you are doing.

Crystal and Kevin said...

Haha, I'll admit I'm slightly impressed that I can write a post when the most eventful things we do include scrubbing the toilet and napping

Brittney said...

update! update! update! Can you hear me chanting from there?

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've consider your stuff prior to and you are just extremely excellent. I really like what you've
received here, really like what you are stating and the way in which during which
you assert it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible.
I cant wait to read much more from you. This
is actually a wonderful site.

My weblog: payday advance interest rates quick cash loans